Effective Date: 03/10/2020 (Version 1.0)
Who are we?
1. We are Kese Cushions trading as "Kese Cushions” We own and operate this website. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this Privacy Statement
What’s the point of this Privacy Statement?
1. This Privacy Statement tells you how we deal with your "personal data" (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
2. Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this Privacy Statement.
Might the Privacy Statement change?
1. It may well do. When we update our Privacy Statement, we update the effective date at the top of this page. We will assume you agree to the revised Privacy Statement if you use the website after the effective date shown at the top of the Privacy Statement.
What personal or other data do we collect?
1. We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps - such as your name, address, email address, phone
number("contact data" ”) - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
2. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
1. Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you
products you’ve recently viewed
2. Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for
purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
3. Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for
instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send
you the order!
you’re browsing our site.
5. When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment
details and optional account information like username and
password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
6. Send you information about your account and order
7. Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
8. Process payments and prevent fraud
9. Set up your account for our store
10. Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
11. Improve our store offerings
12. Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
13. If you create an account, we will store your name, address,
email and phone number, which will be used to populate the
checkout for future orders.
14. We generally store information about you for as long as we need
the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it,
and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For
example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and
accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address
and billing and shipping addresses.
15. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave
3. When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in
the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user
agent string to help spam detection.
4. An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a
hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using
https://automattic.com/privacy/. After approval of your comment, your
profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
5. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading
images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to
the website can download and extract any location data from images
on the website.
6. We also collect and store your IP address ("customer behaviour
data") to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable
products for you.
7. We collect your bank card and/or PayPal details (Please see
order to process payments and refunds.
8. Under GDPR, we will use the lawful basis of “contractual”, where we
use contact and payment data to fulfil orders. When we use contact,
or customer behaviour data for marketing reasons, the lawful basis
will be "consent", or "legitimate interest". If you would like further
information, please contact us using the details within this privacy
How do we use your personal data?
1. We use "contact data" to provide our services: e.g. send service
messages, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil
2. If you have given permission, we may use your "contact data" to send
you marketing emails, mails, calls or SMS with details of our, or third
party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including
information about special offers or promotions.
3. We use "payment information" to process payments and refunds.
4. We may use your IP address to recognise you when you visit or return
to our website or apps. This allows us to track anonymised traffic and
5. We retain your data during a period of 36 months after the last order.
We do that to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and
conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes,
troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other
actions as permitted by law. If you leave a comment, the comment and
its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and
approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them
in a moderation queue.
Who on our team has access to your data?
1. Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
2. Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased
and where it should be sent, and
3. Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and
4. Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders,
process refunds, and support you.
How do we protect personal data?
1. Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to
protect personal data. We will make every effort to look after your data
and treat it with the respect it deserves.
2. Your data will not be transferred, stored, and/or processed outside the
To whom do we disclose personal data?
1. We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply
us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers,
couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery
networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking
communications, monitoring, testing, or improving our website
2. We may share your payment information (including your email
address) with Stripe or PayPal to process the payments of your orders
and any potential refund.
3. Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to
relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention
agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
4. If you choose to opt-in to receive third party communications from
selected partners, your personal data will be shared to relevant third
parties to allow you to receive tailored communications about products
that may be of interest to you.
5. We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we
have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or
that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal
act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content
posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate
How to access and control your information?
1. You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your
information, to opt out from marketing communications and to request
the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for
making these requests.
2. Update/rectify your information: You can easily correct/change the
following personal information on “My Account” page by logging in to
your account on our website or apps:
1. first name and last name
2. phone number
3. email address
4. delivery address
5. billing address
3. Access your information: If you have an account on this site, or have
left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the
personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided
to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold
about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for
administrative, legal, or security purposes. Contact us for this
request: click here.
4. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see
the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
5. You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here.
Effective Date: 03/10/2020 (Version 1.0)
1. What about cookies?
our website. A cookie is an identifier (a small file of letters and
numbers) that is sent to your computer. Our website’s functionality will
be limited if you configure your browser to reject cookies.
2. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more
efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or
others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the
cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow
websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent
cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how
long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further
information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block
them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device,
3. Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
1. Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website
to keep track of your movement from page to page and store
your selections, so you do not get asked repeatedly for the
same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through
many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to
authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example,
the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so
will have the items you selected when you are ready to check
2. Google Analytics ("GA") cookies: Google sets persistent cookies
(up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website
visitors as well as providing other information about the visit
such as duration, route through the website and what sites the
visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way
our website works, for example by making sure users find what
they need easily. Click here for more information about GA
cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
3. Google advertising cookies (AdSense, Doubleclick): Google
uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in
connection with Google advertising on our website to serve ads
to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for
various other purposes. Click here for more information and to
opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
4. Social media cookies: We may use various social media and
other third party features on our website including like button
from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Pin It button
from Pinterest, embed button from YouTube, These features
may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking
your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your
visit to our website or your interaction with their services or
otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information
about the specific features and those companies’ cookie /
privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is
5. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your
name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your
convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again
when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for
6. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to
determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains
no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
7. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save
your login information and your screen display choices. Login
cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a
year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two
weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be
8. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be
saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data
and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It
expires after 1 day.
4. By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use
of the cookies outlined above.